Cairns’ most attentive funeral directors
Kris and Naomi have extensive knowledge of all processes involved in funeral and cremation services. As the toughest time in anyone’s life, we understand you will have a lot of questions. That’s why we have listed some common queries we have received, and our answers.
Please contact Kris and Naomi from Simply Affordable Funerals & Cremations for further information.
We are here to help you navigate this sensitive time with a variety of services
Not necessarily, though considered tradition in most cultures, often a simple cremation is conducted instead. This option is generally cheaper and allows the memorial service or gathering to be held at a later time.
Legally the responsibility lies with the executor of the will. They are generally the next of kin or an agreed upon family member. This person has authority to make and must agree to any major decisions regarding the burial or cremation.
There are many aspects of the ceremony which need to be considered, that our knowledgeable directors can assist you with.
- Did your loved one consider having a cremation or burial service?
- Where would you like the funeral service to take place?
- Will there be pallbearers to carry your loved one into the venue/ chapel?
- Who do you want to officiate the ceremony?
- What kind of flowers do you want in your coffin spray?
- Will there be any service booklets to be handed out, and how many?
- Will there be a notice in the local newspaper?
- What music were you wanting to be played at the service?
Our experienced directors will assist you in every step of this process to ensure the ceremony goes ahead without incident.
While a casket is rectangular with a hinged lid, a coffin is tapered roughly to the shape of the body and the lid is fully removable. Caskets are generally the preferred choice for modern funeral services, and can vary greatly in style, price and material.
No, we don’t currently offer open casket viewings. However, we offer all other funeral services.